Dear MNACVPR members,
It has been very rewarding to be a part of the MNACVPR Board for the past 5 years and it is a privilege to serve as the MNACVPR President in 2017. The Board consists of a diverse group of dedicated professionals from across the state. We meet 4 times per year in Edina at the American Heart Association office and would welcome any of you to join us to learn more about our work. I feel fortunate to be part of this group and we do our best to keep all of you up to date on the latest information regarding all aspects of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
I want to inform you about some items the MNACVPR board members are working on in 2017:
- Become more involved in social media to keep you in the loop
- Plan members-only benefits such as field trips or social outings
- Create and implement a detailed strategic plan
- Host a webinar this fall
- Start to give conference and college scholarships
- Sent 2 board members to Day on the Hill with AACVPR in D.C.
- Will send 2 board members to AACVPR Affiliate Leadership Forum in Chicago
- Continue to educate members and experience the advantages of our new Joint Affiliate status with AACVPR
- Work to increase the number of AACVPR certified programs in Minnesota
Thanks to the board for their continued commitment and support. Thanks to all of you – both members and non-members – for your good work taking care of our Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab patients. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming conference to share the latest information to keep your program informed and compliant. Feel free to contact me or anyone on the board if you have any questions.
Whitney Quast, MS, CEP, CCRP
Cardiac Rehab Therapist
Mayo Clinic Health System – Red Wing